Friday, March 12, 2010

When I lived in a refugee camp, I was still in seventh grade. I was only 13 years old in 2007. We played sports like Soccer and Chinlone. We loved them and played everyday after school. In 2007 someone donated Ping pong tables to all of schools in the refugee camp. I had never seen a Ping pong before. Some of my friends commenced to play Ping Pong and they were good at it. I did not play it, because it looked boring and not very exciting.
A few weeks after I went to school, my friends were still talking about Ping pong. They all liked it. I thought to myself “how could you forget rice when you eat pizza”. What I mean is that most of friends played Ping pong all the time and I did not have any friend to play with me in other sports.
I never thought I would play Ping pong but, one day when I got to the gym my friends were playing and, they asked me to join with them. Actually they forced me to play. I said yes. I’ll play. I was nervous to play.
First I made some mistakes by touching the table with my hand and hit the table with the bat. These are the faults that I first made, but my friends encouraged me to keep playing. After playing that I felt comfortable, because I was getting better. At that time my friends did not have to tell me to play with them, I prepared to and practice more everyday. I wasted most of my time to play Ping pong. In short time I was getting better and better by playing a lot more than other friends.
In 2008 I was 14 years old in eighth grade before I came to United States. Each year we competitions of sports in our school, but in that year we also had Ping pong competition too. We all enjoyed for having a game and there were 8 players in our game included me. We started our matches and first I won the three players. Lastly I won the final game became the first Ping pong winner in my school.
When I got in United States I have not seen Ping pong in my school, but I still like it and always love to play it. I have not played it, since I first got here. If my friends did not force me to play Ping pong, I’ll never be attracted with ping pong and I could never be a ping pong player.

No comments:

Post a Comment