Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New superstar Ping-Pong player.

When I lived in a refugee camp, I was still in the seventh grade. I was only 13 years old in 2007. We played sports like Soccer and Chinlone. We loved them and played everyday after school. In 2007 someone donated Ping-Pong tables to all of the schools in the refugee camp. I had never seen Ping-Pong before. Some of my friends commenced to play Ping-Pong and they were good at it. I did not play it, because it looked boring and not very exciting.

A few weeks after I went to school, my friends were still talking about Ping-Pong. They all liked it. I thought to myself “how could you forget rice when you eat pizza”. What I mean is that most of friends played Ping-Pong all the time and I did not have any friends to play other sports with.

I never thought I would play Ping-Pong but, one day when I got to the gym my friends were playing and, they asked me to join with them. Actually they forced me to play. I said yes, “I’ll play”, but I was nervous to play. First I made some mistakes by touching the table with my hand and I hit the table with the bat. I kept making mistakes, but my friends encouraged me to keep playing. After playing for awhile I started to feel more comfortable, because I was getting better. At that point my friends did not have to tell me to play with them anymore. I prepared to and practice more everyday. I wasted most of my time to playing Ping-Pong. In a short time I was getting better and better by playing a lot more than other friends.

In 2008 I was 14 years old and in eighth grade. Each year we had sports competitions in our school, and that year we also had Ping-Pong competition. We all enjoyed playing the game and there were 8 players in the competition including me. We started our matches and I won the first three games. In the end I won the final game and became the first Ping-Pong champion at my school.

I moved to the United States a year ago and I have not seen Ping-Pong table since. But I still like it and always love to play it. I have not played it, since I first got here. If my friends had not forced me to play Ping -Pong, I never would have known what a great game it is and I never would have become a great Ping-Pong player.

No comments:

Post a Comment