Friday, February 5, 2010

my visit in edgewater historical society museum

I’m proud and happy to visit many palaces but I haven’t visited many places .The first only city i've visited was Omaha.it's a nice city but i'm not gonna talk about it.last week we've heard about the trip in museum and we discussed that with M.R mead and he has planed to go there with his ELL students on Monday, but it could not happened.on Monday Again he said that trip will be on Thursday then we were all so Happy.that museum is called "edge water historical society museum". it’s located in Chicago "5358 N. Ashland Ave".it is not to far from my school,it's a few blocks from my school and it took about 10 minutes to get there. before we went there M.R mead has told us to bring a pen or a pencil and at least one note book with us to write things that makes us intersting or the words that we don't know. when we got there we listened to .....................................after 10 minutes we watched the video about the edge water neighborhood.it told us much about this neighborhood and we knew more about an ancient time of this neighborhood very well now.The building was quite old and it did not have many stuffs in there.the things that made me interest was only the seat of the car because it seemed seat like i used to sat in my country.it made out by bamboo and wood, it look pretty old but i think you could still use it.

#what I've learned in this trip was "in 1885 edge water wasn't in Chicago but 4years later it was connected with Chicago".
#the new word that I've learned in this trip was:depict=to show
: renovate=to make new from old
:demolish=to tear down
#The most interesting in my visit was:the seat of car that made out with wood and bamboo.
#It was good experience because this is my second time of visiting the museum and i knew more....................it was also good for history because I'm taking history now in my school.
#

1 comment:

  1. Hi Htoo Puie,

    Nice job on your blog. Keep up the good work. You should be adding at least two entries each week.

    Your entry on the Karen flag was very interesting. I would love to hear more about Karen culture in the future. Maybe this can be part of your personal narrative essay.

    In order to make your writing more clear, follow these rules...

    1. Always capitalize the first word in a new sentence.
    2. After a period, always add two spaces before starting the next sentence.
    3. When starting a new idea, create a new paragraph.

    Also, remember to capitalize "I" when referring to yourself.

    ReplyDelete